NCFE LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE IN THE PRINCIPLES OF WAREHOUSING AND STORAGE
The course consists of 5 units that you can complete at home on your computer, tablet or even your smart phone. The course can be completed in as little as a week or longer if you need it.
- Introduction to Warehousing and Storage
- Understand How to Receive and Store Goods
- Understand How to Process Orders and Prepare Them for Dispatch
- Understand How to Check Stock and Update Records
- Customer Service in Warehousing and Storage
Additonal Health and Safety and Manual Handling qualifications will also be given to succesful candiates to improve your opportunities with the employer.
The Job Opportunity
Fulfillment Associates Darlington
Amazon have a multi stage Application Process
The current recruitment process involves telephone interview and an online assessment process. DBS may be required moving forward
What Amazon say about their Warehouse Operative - Full Time - Darlington Vacancy
- We need help fulfilling supplies to local communities
- This position is based at: Darlington Amazon Fulfillment Centre, Building One 5515, Symmetry Park, Moreton Park Way, Darlington, DL1 4BF77
- £9.50 per hour (days) to £11.21 per hour (nights)
- Overtime rate of £19.00 per hour
- The Fulfilment Centre (FC) Associate must have a passion for ensuring that customers receive a first-class Amazon experience.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As an FC Associate you may be asked to work in various areas of the building, the main departments being Inbound and Outbound. Tasks may include:
- Handling the full range of goods by Amazon and its Marketplace sellers in the UK, including but not limited to: age restricted products, food (including nuts and meat) and alcohol and chemicals.
- Efficiently and effectively receiving and storing goods inwards following Amazon's internal processes and procedures and using radio frequency scanner
- Pick our customer orders ensuring a high level of quality and productivity
- Accurately pack and ship our customer orders to ensure we meet customers' high expectations
- Accurately read instructions from a scanner
- Relocate products using forklifts, pump truck and power pallet truck
- Consistently achieve targets set for your department
- Adhere to safety, quality and production standards
Find out more about what it’s like to be an Amazon Fulfillment Associate and the processes within our European Fulfillment Centres - https://youtu.be/itfTPs52nEM
Physical Demands - The role involves the following physical demands on a daily basis:
- Standing for long periods of between 8 and 12 hours per shift ( (standard full-time shifts are 8 hours excluding overtime, flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Lifting and moving products up to 23kg in weight
- Lifting, bending, reaching above the head, kneeling, crouching, and/or stretching for 8 to 12 hours per shift (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Pushing and pulling product up to 23kg in weight for 8 to 12 hours per shift (flex and part-time shifts may vary)
- Manual dexterity of both hands and wrists
- Regularly climbing and descending short ladders and flights of stairs safely
Use the contact form on the right to enquire about this opportunity.